Friday, July 3, 2020

Sacred Ground

I struggle to breathe, but not for any damage
This world eats my flesh, so vile so savage
The sun finally rises but for me it isn't morning
I haven't slept a bit, it's because I'm mourning
The sun burns light in the sky, I'm without hope
Dreamt of a day when I can find a way to cope
I long for a sleep that renews, points to the truth
You and I together, for me that was proof
That God looks upon us, blesses us, joins us
But now I'm alone, wonder if there's any justice
Rain over me, reign over me, let it all pour down
Or I'll be falling away, right here on sacred ground


“But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars.”  
                                                                                                   Martin Luther King, Jr.