Monday, May 27, 2019

Crucible of Love

In the moment
Timeless time passes
Endless and immutable
There is, however
An ongoing storm
Because loving you is torment
And I know it will never last
Your beauty is musical
Your words lyrical
The scent of you
Jasmine and heaven combined
Your being transcends all 
I realize that the only thing
That matters in existence
Is the truth of love
The moment after your presence
That absence leaves me haunted
Time is the unbroken vessel
It, alone, is alive 
All I do
All I desire
Lives outside of time
Your love was the crucible
My own love was a sacrament
But why do I believe?
To know love is the highest principle
And to know it
Is far greater to try
Than to die unloved, unwanted

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” Andre Gide