My life was one of some privilege, given hope but with a cost
The standard response might have been success, but I was lost
I'm educated, I was guided to become an artist, but such dross
My work is hated by some, ignored by most, barely exist now
Obeisance due to those needing proper respect and great hope
Life isn't perfect, rarely, my remaining days reveal the cracks
I stand and look off into the distance, while the horizon nears
It will swallow up my being, missing hope, an emptied vessel
These choices all laid before me, and not one means a thing
In emptied hope, dreams never were fulfilled and now bleed
To stare into the burning sun does not blind me, but I bleed
Starved for the things that might sustain me, ink stains still
I've gone so long without normal dreams with no sleep until
It is time for me to leave this place, as the horizons reach
My broken body cannot deliver hope, nor deliver belief
Waiting upon the coroner's team to find my body here
Where they will choose the type of death I received
