Sunday, October 23, 2022

What is there?

If I have nothing, what is it that I have?
If I can't see, have we all been blinded
Gazing, or lost in an everlasting void?
With nothing left inside?
Our world can only be seen from the local
Our galaxy can only be seen from a distance
How can I know the role I'm supposed to take
What punishment does a soul take to break
Who judges my life's errors and mistakes
Should we view that from the third person
A perspective without emotional content
If punished, I refuse to suffer my discontent
For I've refused to live with any living regret
If the world asks each of us to live, to thrive
Does it even provide what's needed to survive
If broken, I'm ready to rise, I'm ready to be
I am ready to hope and to be redeemed
If I wander don't despair, I'll find my way
I will return home, it is about time