Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Ruins

In the epic madness of existence and silence of the mind
I long to be released from all the dreams that burn inside
The addictions, my afflictions, the anguish of lost trust
Gathering in my heart, a breakdown, reasons and cause
Inside I am breaking, body taking permanent wounds
In the end, we will all die, I'll collapse, a house of ruins
But I'm willing to leave, I haven't a worry, I will go
The pace of life is passing too fast, I know I'm slow
No foundation built by man can ever hope to endure
As life becomes all pain, it will have no allure

"He loved the craggy ruins bound together by ivy, those dark
halls, and any appearance of death and destruction. Having
fallen so far from so high a position, he loved anything that
had also fallen from a great height”           Gustave Flaubert