Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Dreams of Hell's Fire

I have tried in life to become more than my flesh
By demanding for myself a standard far higher
But every time I assume I know, my flesh sins
And it becomes obvious that my heart is a liar
I might dream after a night of moral failures
With nightmarish visions of burning hell's fire
Dreaming I can't be saved, mercy is not for me
Unworthy, irredeemable, due to all my desires
Whatever it is that my mind will perceive
Whatever I believe or my own insecurity
My flaws are legion, my sins innumerable
I've painted my life in depth, in vulgarity
None of us are gods, nor are we born wise
In this life we shouldn't presume certainty
But we've been offered redemption
After a life of failure, I'm slave to sin
But I know, somehow I can be free
I pray for forgiveness for all I've done,
And for grace to reign over my life
For all I've done and left undone,
For all of my sins of grotesque vanity
I beg for mercy, for I'm unworthy
I beg for mercy