Friday, October 28, 2022

Just one more day

Where is all my hope, when can my life start going
An all day cold rain, this is a prison I cannot escape
With a presence of shame, of darkness, of my soul
I've found a journal entry of the joy of knowing
How many times can I fall before trying again
I took notice of my dark side and gave warning
But I am weak, and it took complete control
Now I ask for a day, just one more damned day
As the curtains fall upon this bleak masquerade
I've little to help, I'm a disease without cure
All I've to look for is hope for me to endure
I'm a pawn in a game, I long to escape my chains
I hunger for love, yearn to experience awe
On this board I am a King, visit my realm
But beware, know that I'm the King of pain
Contact with my flesh and disaster is spawned


“Truth is simple yet purposely complex.” Wald Wassermann