Saturday, June 25, 2022

The Damned?

By razor wire I hung, indecision and fear trapped me there
My flesh was ripped to shreds, but my pain was emotional
Broken inside, knowing I live in a world that did not care
I'd never committed the crime making me condemned
If life is absurd, and it is, our time is spent on nothing
And after all the pain, it seems truly unfair
But one must choose their path
With this life make a final stand
I've lived in a fashion allowing me to believe
But to all others, I was a fool
I was a liar deserving to be damned
If in their eyes I would be, I understand
But they don't know what I have
So have I embraced oblivion
Or will I inherit everything
Have I found perfect diamonds
Or  a planet of grains of sand
A king of the universe
Or a wanderer cursed
To endlessly walk
In an apocalyptic wasteland?

“What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone
                            who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?”                      

                                                          Charles Baudelaire