Sunday, June 5, 2022

Somnabulist Cinematic Dreams

Burning inside, so I go out to the cinema
And wanting one side glance
I know she'll ignore me, again
And as she speaks from behind glass
She takes my money, gives me a ticket
Nothing to say, so I move on
I take my seat, ready to view
Oblivion is now, nothing is true
Nothing can help when all hope is gone
I watch others as they live on film
The imagination it will spawn
Sets me on fire, and I acquiesce
My demands will never be met
So, just to get along, I'll accept less
Holding my breath, just in case
Afraid to breathe deeply
I can't let my dreams end but can't sleep
As everything escapes my grasp
It was a world that couldn't last
All I wanted gone, I need to know
Why is a house of cards built to fall
I'm a fool, answering to the call
It runs but I can't catch up
It is able to flee
Because I am too slow
Fear is a cancer in me, it grows
Without sleep, I'll become a zombie
I thought I couldn't live without it
I will, I will, there's too much to lose
I'll need to stay awake
To avoid losing my dreams
Stay awake
Just stay