Saturday, June 11, 2022

Release Date June 11, 1988

My soul awoke on that day
June 11th 1988
When you said yes to me
It revealed a truth
Before family
Before friends
Before our God
We swore an oath
Promised to ever be
Together into forever
And then we danced
Reveled in celebration
We understood
The divine message sent
I was at once healed
No longer alone in life
I could finally believe
Because I could see
All the good things
That had been hidden
In a world of shadow
My darkness was lifted
After a lifetime of waiting
Of sorrow and grieving
You made the difference
I've nothing if I have not you
Because with you I'm complete
My lover, my partner, my hope
I can finally forgive
All that was done to me
All that I did to others
And I have found
Everything I ever needed
Everything I ever wanted
In you, and without you
I'd have lived a life haunted
I have a love for you
That will never end

Ecclesiastes 4:12, the Bible tells us that “though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”  With God, Man and Woman united, can endure what the world throws against them.

Dedicated to my wife Beth.