Saturday, June 4, 2022

An Abandoned ...

What would seem to me, it will never be
If what I want to be true, might not be good
Why should I listen to all the voices inside
I'm being held captive of my broken mind
There is no sentence given, I'm the damned
And nothing can release me from this jail
Not my words, not my actions, not my prayers
I asked you to be honest, then I confessed
You wanted something easy, but I'm a mess
Dreams become nightmares, with me
Who knows what I could ever be
I'm the lost and soon abandoned
When life carved a mark in my heart
It was meat to a butcher, a first start
Of a life ready to collapse
A life without purpose
A deep stain and a curse
Upon the blood stained mirror's front
Reflecting fears, hiding dreams
Behind the view of the truth
Staring back from the darkness
Beckoning me to come
Forward into the void