Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Old Child

I was so old when born, a child who could already retire
I'm a fool for the sake of it, not my youth, or being a liar
I've entered the asylum, not for a medical need, but spite
I've watched as a day's minutes pass, lazily into the night
Staff invites me in to drink water and take pills of delight
I don't want to do it but they'll hold back my sustenance 
So I break the monotony of everything painted white
Staring at the ceiling, gaze at stars, listen, yeah I try
There's nothing for me, dialogue so dull that I die
Time for me to walk the yard as predators cry
There is nothing for me, in this stupid circle
Yes I have tried, so stop saying I don't
And yes, I will always fail. ALWAYS
Without hope or mercy, or of you
Or anyone or anything
I'm trapped here inside
I'm a prisoner in this jail
In a prison of my mind