Saturday, May 9, 2020

The Punishment The Crime



Torrents of rain, falling wild, like tears of a child
It is morning, I'm walking down the final trail
Thoughts, the cause of my fall, and castration
Trapped in deep stagnation, lose my breath
My flesh broken, with pain so vile, breaking
Death will have me, I was life's unchosen
I try to remember ways I can still believe
If life's not over yet for me, I can't be me
Prayers unspoken well up inside me, regret
Life's been leading to this place, of finality
I'm dying with every breath, a sad reality
Death getting closer, reflecting in the mirror 
Chasing me, drawing near to me for his kiss 
But I foil his plan, reaching with his hand 
His grasp returns empty, and he hisses
My pursuer fails, watching me as I leap 
Into the abyss, nothing remains of me
Ready to take my punishment
Punish me for the acts of my hand
Let me become my own demon
And I'll pay for what I've done

私は自分の悪魔です