Friday, September 13, 2019

My Crazy Brain

I said, "My heart is sad for all I've done."

She said, "You just like being sad."

I said, "I'm breaking inside tonight."

She said, "You think too much.  You seem to never know when you have enough.
Just like how you see love."

Then and now, I never know when to be stunned
My heart has broken a thousand times.
Still I thought I must be wrong it was me who was fucked up
I am a bit crazy and she knows me better than I do.
Sometimes though perfect people don't know the truth
Even those who know you so well
It makes for living in a certain kind of Hell
Where everything you do, everything you say, everything you think
Labels you as being weird, or stupid or as a freak.





“Thus I remained to myself an unhappy lodging where I could neither stay nor leave.  For where could my heart fly from my heart? Where could I fly from my own self?”  Saint Augustine