Saturday, September 7, 2019

Life blind

I drove for hours becoming blinded
As the sun burned like fire in the sky
I was confused, my vision was lost
Amidst a nightmare of steel and glass
Don't ask questions that you don't want answered
If there was destination I couldn't find it
 I knew the reasons, the how and the why
Yet didn't know that this modern life had cost
Money and finding pleasure from first to last
 Life might seem akin to catching cancer
 With every death
But I think life only has meaning 
If all who live someday will die

“Of course I’ll hurt you. Of course you’ll hurt me. Of course we will hurt each  other. 
But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring, means  accepting the risk 
of winter. To become presence, means accepting the  risk of absence.”   

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry