Monday, July 15, 2019

Your pet

My soul was led by you as a sheep to slaughter
I believed in you so deeply I became ignorant
When I refused to think any thought not happy
I had allowed you to be my master
In so doing I lost my being
I had been in heaven, my sorrow released
Drinking anything in your company
My drink had become holy water
Then when I revealed my depths,
You were indifferent
Love for you was a just moment, sadly
Instead of  the height of existence
One that redeems
You love to be loved, it is sport
Because I spent my life being broken
You saw me, as being in need
So you aimed your sights upon easy meat
I became your chosen but I am not your lover
I am your pet, you have me by a leash
Now I give prayers unspoken
So that somehow I might finally be released
I am no Romeo, you ain't fucking Juliet
Let me go, let me start my broken heart
And never forget all that regret