Sunday, July 28, 2019

Mistakes

By saying I am saying I am a Christian
Some people hearing this assume
That despite my being made of flesh
I am saying that I am somehow a saint
I live my life as if upon a mission
But I know that all lives are doomed
Every life ends in death
Perfect?  No I am the perfect mistake
Assume nothing about my journey
I will fall well short of being worthy
By my own hand, of salvation or redemption
It isn't about my acts or my beliefs
If I believe but do not act in them I'm a failure
Good intentions never achieve anything
I walk in the path of the one who aspires
I am wrought with pollution and decay
And filled with many and grotesque desires
So while I believe, I live and love
I am the broken and unchosen
There is nothing that guarantees my ascension
I walk the path of life with no expectations
I have nothing special to offer
But for sharing the reports
Recording my few victories and many failures
Shining the light upon the hope, need
Of my final redemption