Sunday, July 21, 2019

forever with you

We drove forever in a car made to fit just two adults
But whatever our age, when I saw you, I saw the stars
And it made my heart roar, like the engine of a truck
I never understood what love is, it never mattered
I answered your call
We don't listen to others, who scream at us as if a cult
Thinking they understand love, but never don't go far
Depending on chance meetings, blind or stupid luck
If their love was a glass chalice, it'd be shattered
With the first fall
I love you, never quit, I gave time, hope, we had a result
We made mistakes but refused to blame, still leaving scars
Sex wasn't our only thing, young deer are always in rut
We fall and make amends, leaving our dreams scattered
But loving you is all
I've ever wanted to do
Just being with you