Friday, June 12, 2020

Minefield

When all you do is grieve it feels like you are dancing in a minefield. You spend all of your time screaming in silent mass. Your flesh is tortured by the sorrows. This life is a nightmare, then the testament is unsealed. Into the abyss I've been cast.

This soul is shrouded in darkest shadow.  This pain is more than I can bear. So these words are my last you'll hear... When you left all I had were the shallow beliefs of a fool,  the nightmares of the depressed and a reality of existence that is cruel.

I'll never pass the test and when I am finally done, let the rains pour down, let oblivion come.  I spit into the wind, my soul is black within. I'm ready to leave, at last my final moments are begun.  The clouds of black smoke rise, reality obscured by the din.

“There is nothing in human affairs that is a true subject for ridicule. Beneath comedy lies the ferment of tragedy; the farcical is but a cloak for coming catastrophe.”  Gabriel Chevallier