Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Uncaged me

I know I say I love you many times
But I speak what is most upon my heart
I can barely imagine life without your kiss
Where would I be, without your presence
Inside I shiver, a passionate connection inside
You've healed my heart, I have no more scars
From the simple connection with your lips
Loving you tells me that there is a Heaven
I took absolutely no time to decide
The truth was that together we'd go far
Loving you leaves me transfixed
I dare not leave, I've begun ascent
Your love completes me, absolutely
The time together has healed me
I am moved even by your scent
Jasmine and lavender made perfect
I can barely stand to imagine
Life before without such passion
I love you and you know that I do
You've caused me to be healed because this is so real
I am more than I was, in so many ways, you saved me
Confidence from being your love has uncaged me


“I see at intervals the glance of a curious sort of bird through the close set bars of a cage: a vivid, restless, resolute captive is there; were it but free, it would soar cloud-high.” Charlotte Brontë