Tuesday, August 6, 2019

I saw a star falling

I saw a star falling
I prayed it was the end of everything
How long must we wait for the play
To finally be played out
The drama is long over
We are ready to go home
How am I to be willing to live
If the shadow of death ever hovers
I believed the end would be quick
Perhaps merciful, certainly fatal
I was a believer,
No, there was never a single doubt
I sat there waiting
First with company, then all alone
And who I am to complain?
Over there are two lovers
They've just fallen into ... something
They'll never be able to finish
No happy ending
No ring
Just fire and red skies
Announcing the final act
Cue the angels, now sing dammit sing!

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."  Matthew 24:36