Saturday, August 17, 2019

Black Rose Blooms

I don't remember the last time
I caught your scent upon the air
Such as entering into a room you'd just left
Time together makes time apart
The worst sort of alone
Love isn't easy, and life is manifestly not fair
I had believed myself in heaven
In permanent ascent
Just sitting next to you in our home
But God needed you more than me
I keep telling myself
Or I'll go insane
I shiver but not from the cold
It comes from an emptiness
Inside my heart
Since you were taken away
I know I'll never love again
I couldn't endure the pain
Of loss, of hope
What is there to make it alright
Nothing
So I'll just go out and walk in the rain
To wash away these regrets
To repent
I am filled with abject remorse
For the fact that I didn't fight harder
To stop Charon, the boatman
Of the river Styx
From leaving shore


Tempus edax rerum.
Time is the devourer of all things
Ovid