Monday, October 14, 2024

When the moon is full

I was a child when in the forest I became lost
A mother wolf took me in, I feared dying but
She allowed me to become one of her family
I forgot the language of the words in English
So long in the darkness, I forgot human others
Then sounds of guns, loud attack woke us all
My kit mother was dead, I reached for a rock
From above I fell and cracked it over heads
Upon those human murderers and over again
Went to mother, my hands washed in a blood
It was partially human, part wolf, and cursed
From that day forward, I roamed the woods
Hungered, I'd kill for food, but certain nights
When the moon was full, the blood stirred
And the peak of the fullness, I was changed
A body like a man, but having fangs, claws
From not being changed by a purposed hand
My disease if you will, gave me a reason
Kill the guilty humans, who've no purpose
But to shed blood of the innocent, to slay
I could catch the scent of evil, and I'd act
Very quickly I made up for those stolen
The wolves that lived in harmony, lost
I was able to change forms, as I wished
Soon, the hunters fear the cursed wood
Even as I've never slain an innocent man
After which I'd howl, calling judgment
Upon the men who hunted others
For the joy of killing
In shame