Thursday, November 23, 2023

Waiting for you

I don't dance, I can't sing and I have nothing inside making me
Alive to that beat, to that sound, to the secret rhythms of being
I can hear and I can be moved in my heart, to that secret theme
The whisper of truth, a sharing of wisdom, the sound of dreams
Calling me, telling me the truth that life itself neglected to do
Sharing a message of hope, importance of love, and I love you
Speak my name, tell me I'm yours, and I will reveal truths new
It isn't my call, I am waiting for a moment that might not come
It is in you to free me, to let me be restored and finally renewed
I am waiting, patiently, waiting for that work in me to be done
And then, my heart will function again, to be knowing you

"We watch the dawn remaking the world in its antique pattern." Oscar Wilde