Saturday, November 25, 2023

Looking at a Fool in my broken mirror

To hear her tell it, I was the fool,
As if I was believing everything
But in my mind, I knew she was cruel
She was acting to shatter my dreams
I'd no chance, against such a master
Left a deer in the headlights, dazed
I couldn't avoid impact, love left me insane
Living with consequences, answer the question
Of why, who, when, a non religious confession
Beautiful, coy, glib, able to say what she needed
It was worth it to love her, at the moment
I was bled white, pale after the bleeding
I'd one moment in her esteem, perhaps enough
Even if it was one sided, all the data is deleting
My side was still filled with a love
Farewell flame, passion burnt my endurance
Nothing left, but memories of being generous
Being taken as a buffoon for being kind
You left me and left my insides emptied
And left me diseased in my mind
No longer gentle, nor generous
Unable to be happy inside
Until I am healed by another
But never by you
Never again by her

Devotedalwokc8002