Thursday, November 17, 2022

Should be Dead by Now

This flesh shouldn't be alive, yes I should've died many times before
And I know that gratitude comes in a form found in more than words
The place found deep within, rests in the space of my beating heart
I'm alive due to many efforts of others, the scientists and the artists
In the past my health issues would've taken me through death's door
Many bad things happened but I endured, despite the fire I've earned
Staph, Cancer, Catastrophic falls, Organ failure, have all left scars
I found reason in love, in the arts, with thanks, I found more hours
Thanks to the scientists who saved me by their research and time
And to my family and friends, and artists who made it worthwhile
I've been thankful for those who made it possible to stick around
The glory of art and science, allowed me to find a holy ground