Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Permanent

Some find only bitterness, planting toxic seeds
Some seek only vengeance, hating all beliefs
Then complain over their portion, an ignorant lot
If still alive I might care, but I'm thankfully not
I passed so long ago behind the veil, oh victory
To survive years, burdens to bear, but now
My flesh is gone, faded, tears remain, oh God
What was the purpose of it all, all this mystery
The baptism of rain, are the tears of God that fall
I watch from the gray, I long waited my time
To transcend this place, to overcome the taste
Of failure, of my flesh, passing into spirit
I'm ready, I'm waiting, as nothing survives
It changes form, a manifest transformation
From temporary into the permanent form
Now into forever, from darkness to light
Let my spirit rise, in sweet ascent
Let my flesh pass, as a message sent
Nothing lasts forever, I give up control
Forever consists of spirit and soul