Thursday, July 7, 2022

For my love

You loved the loveless
You helped the helpless
Brought hope to the hopeless
Gave a voice to the voiceless
Even when you're wounded
You've helped others heal
Your center of love is far away
A great distance from human realms
This world could fall apart
Like a house of cards
Should you have to leave
And you could at any time
I'd collapse as well
But whatever has happened
You are with me still
You're the one
Who balanced out the evil
You're the one who paid my cost
However high the bill
I promise you
You've moved me all 35 years
You move me, continuing to do so
As we walk hand in hand, together
At last I know you understand
Every single thing I've been through
And what I still have to go through
So I will remain in your presence
Forever with you, forever amen