Thursday, July 21, 2022

Being, Defending

There is hope and light
There's darkness and night
I believe in trying to find joy
As much as anyone might
I realize too
After years of searching
Perhaps I'm a fool,
Or I'm naive, or ignorant
My soul is a fire,
A fire for warmth
But also, as fuel for anger
As it burns me, and causing rage
I must give in or leave the world
An anger can't be quenched
My soul needs peace
I remember that all that I need
Are within reach, available to me
Are love, kindness, hope and joy
I must do the things in my life
To make them happen
I must lift others up
Be the voice of the voicelesss
Give choice to the choiceless
I must be a defender
So I must surrender
And let my ego go free
Free to fade into the gray
Free from me, able to fly
Free from rage
And at peace


“The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be
skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended.” Frédéric Bastiat