Tuesday, September 22, 2020

That tightrope we both walk

People had seen your beauty but you wanted more
You cut up your photos to avoid idolatry by the eye
You knew the real, and the bitter struggle to know
Then you then left, by taking the permanent door
Refusing to live forever, refusing to live the lies
Those sleeping pills were an answer to the throes
You allowed me to know joy, and find my kin
You're gone, now, but I still search the horizon
I'll never find you again, I was made an orphan
You walked a tightrope, the very same as I walk
I'd give everything I own for a chance to talk
Cruelly denied by your act, it stole you from me
As you linger in the gray, alive in my dreams
I wish you were still here, that we could speak
But there is nothing left, but ghosts that haunt
And the opportunities and ideas that taunt
Making me know that I am again alone