Thursday, April 9, 2020

Yes I heard you say that

I heard what you said
Every word
That I should be dead
My existence stands
Out of reach of your petty dreams
I offer only my resistance
To the machinations of your hands
And secrets you wish I'd just keep
When the darkness burns inside
Know that you'd a choice to make
Your choice left me forsaken
When you are unable to see the light
Remember you called me a mistake
You were wrong
I have a future
I exist, I breathe
I found a purpose
And I am more
More than a thought reconsidered
I reject the abyss
More than a need
More than a burden
I am a miserable failure and sinner
And still, I've found that forgiveness
It comes from more than what you offer
Not a thing found
In this world or the next
All fall before the majesty of eternity
Where no one suffers
There is no greed
There is only love
Yes, I heard what you said
You cannot stain my birth
My life will be redeemed
Whatever the circumstance
I finally know
I was not a curse
Death doesn't scare me


“But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars.” 
― Martin Luther King, Jr.