Saturday, April 18, 2020

Untamed

A large pile of flesh in the corner, I lay
Exhausted and sleeping
Like a child after a day of play
Breathing heavily
Waiting to hear you call my name
Just out of reach, but still
I'd run to you there
I have no self esteem to worry over
And I still care
I'm not a child
Not playing or even having fun
Always ignored
I'm a perfect memory amnesiac
Filled with shame, a need to run
For knowing most
And wanting to know more
You were the mystery revealed
A heart's beat gone untamed
And then again
My life is a circle
Leading from birth to death
And back
The end comes when not if
Keep thinking of this maze
There is no way to get out
I'm a rat, there is no cheese
To coax me from this trap
So please
Let me free
Call my name
Tell me you love me
Say you'll be mine forever
Or just for now be together

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” ― Aldous Huxley