Thursday, April 30, 2020

Star Cloud

Falling through space as if a meteor
Or a grain of light pushed by a wave
As wind in the heavens, drifting
I could've felt no less inferior
As a fool none could save
The vacuum and my flesh kissing
With planets and moons aligned
In space there was little left
But for my soul I held inside
Screaming silently, bereft
The cosmos watched without eyes
As my being was oppressed
Watching as worlds collide
Nothing but dust
Hovering chaotically
Without gravity
Nothing but the sands of time
My eyes finally closed
I was at last given an air of trust
And I told myself
It was truly a ride for the ages

“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch.”  Moonwalker Edgar Mitchell