Sunday, September 22, 2024

I won't be alone

Don't call me at my funeral, for I'll be in a pine box
If you call you'll see, my phone doesn't take messages
You could knock on my door, and yet, I won't answer
The end of all days is coming, and I am just too tired
I've spent my existence asking, but only found cancer
There's nothing that I wanted that I didn't really get
Life has taken a toll, and yet I'm still not giving up
The finale is glorious, as I transcend to a new home
Surrounded by all of my cats, my beloveds and more
There's no need to think, in the divine that I'll be alone
I'm not leaving any time soon, but it only takes a moment
It takes one drunk driver or one fool texting and driving
So just know, where I am going I'll find comfort
In the arms of the creator, in the throne of glory
And I'll be there, in the quiet gentle breeze forever