Friday, September 27, 2024

Change

You imagine yourself normal,
But you know deep inside
Compared to others, you ain't
When you count many as a friend
Just to be polite instead of friendly
It occurs to you, in your mind
To most you're not one of them
You are just a stain
It isn't the definitions you use for normality
It isn't the worth of your being that is judged
A world's values change, in every generation
A world needs change, often more swiftly
There is a strange need for each change
To find people to isolate
For others to blame
To consider an outsider
To treat non conformists
As if they need an asylum
Well damn it
I deserve that asylum
Gimme those padded walls
I'll bounce around
Maybe even poop the sheets
And go down in strapped chairs
As they wheel me down the halls
But it isn't me, it is the need to change
If for no other reason, for the sake of it
So we might as well start those straps
Gimme my mask and let's roll