Monday, September 25, 2023

Seeds that do not take root, never bloom

I walked alone, for eternity, on a planet of lifeless sterility
Each step like the first, this isn't my planet, mine is Earth
The boredom and lack of life makes me realize so much
Humans were given a garden of Eden, pregnant with life 
We made it die, sending seekers out, to find new worlds
As this planet has no life, nor ways to support it, I'm alone
And I watch as the suns rise and set, my bio suit is alive
But I know this is no way to endure, waiting for someone
For anyone to find me, the signal beacon died, in the past
I walk, not for peace of mind, but to find a way to survive
Hoping beyond hope to find what years have failed to find
A reason for life to take root, from the seeds we brought
Sadly I've found nothing, no proof, no hope, and no life