Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Beauty

Please define beauty for me, I think it isn't easily defined
Does it mean that your outside is pleasing to the eye
Does it mean your heart is pure and ever so kind
Or does it mean something esoteric or unique
Where the beauty comes from a source
That no one, no other possess or reach
Is beauty an ideal, boundaries and lines
I ask because I well know someone
Who is beauty in all ways defined
I would never wish to lose her
Stirring in my heart, soul and mind
I love her, she is all my heart can dream
I deserve so much less than her love
I feel as if I've gotten away with a crime
Her red hair, porcelain skin, pleasing form
But she is mostly filled with love and intellect
I won't apologize for being overwhelmed by feelings
In solitude my heart called out to her as hers called to mine

Here I stand, no longer in despair, for she called out my name
As deep calls unto deep, there I met my life partner and my wife


Some might want to see a pic of her to see what I think is beauty.  But I
can say, without a moment of worry over the responses, as I fell in love
with my wife's heart for the lost, and the broken. I was one of them.

Her heart is beautiful.


Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien
qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry