Friday, September 15, 2023

Dark Reflection of Truth

A fool for most of my life, selfish and ungrateful
Still, a being in love, I'd found purpose and yet lost
I'd self esteem, but I had lived without true grace
I desired to have trust, hope without paying a cost
My dreams were to be all powerful and be adored
Instead, I found myself thinking that I'd mattered
Lusting for money and wanting attention, a whore
I'd within my reach, a perfect world and it shattered
Instead of love in my heart and soul, I found hubris
But there was nothing inside of my being to restore
And all I did for others was to rename myself Judas
Then staring into the eye of eternity, was hollowed
There's nothing in me but shadow and no dreams
I've cast aside hope for lust, and all fear for trust
A world goes on but my spirit and flesh turn dust
Emptied, bleeding out the future, in ruins

"Having fallen so far from so high a position, he
loved anything that had also fallen from a great height”

                                                                Gustave Flaubert