Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hope is Gossamer Thin


I was with you in the abyss
When you fought demon hordes
I was with you in the midst
Of the celestial wars
And you slept to recover
I was there too
Distant yes
But still your lover
From the start
I spoke your name
But you simply heard words
Before you woke
From the deepest sleep
I swam in the oceans of your dreams
I lingered in the echoes of your heart
I saw the hope so far off
The broken shell
That held you tight
Opened now and shattered
From the light
You screamed silently
For someone to help
And opened your eyes
Reluctantly
Quietly
From your hell
Your life begins
As mine ends
At the edge of darkness
Where the light is faint
And your heart mends
The ones who dance in the distance
Who charm you and desire your fall
Are reasons enough to go on
For hope is ethereal
Hope is gossamer thin
But beauty is more
Than some desire within
It is real
It exists
To offer you hope
So go on and live
While it is my turn
To enter the mist
Of the gray lands
Of sleep