Thursday, December 21, 2023

Today

You knew who I was, immediately, with precision
As you carefully placed me in my mother's womb
You called my mother to give her the horrible task
To carry a life she had no desire to create, wounded
I'm alive for a purpose, not a stain, God may I ask
Why is each victory, each legacy, poisoned by fears
Why does something new, hopeful lead to suffering
Made to carry me and to suffer from the birth pains
Why give her a burden, for so long, only for tears
I don't know all the answers, but I have no shame
I am willing to go forward, knowing I might fail
You are God and I am not, I thank you for the years
Because I was given a new family, 54 years later
And you gave me a brother, a mother, and sister
To let me know, I had family, redeemed by you
My one and only vindicator


Dedicated to my DNA family, Mother Donna, Brother Nate, & Sister Denise