Saturday, December 16, 2023

Painting in Blood

I heard your ghost whispering in my ear
Telling me to use the knife, use violence
But I've been alive long enough to know
That my bleeding isn't going to change it
I've paid far too much for all of my years
For the willingness to listen, only silence
But you call for my blood to simply flow
Call on me to die, with my blood paint it
That I listen is my flaw, my error incarnate
I plan to endure more than flaw, than hate
I want the pain to be in me hundred fold
That I've so caused to exist in others
I want the devastation to show
How I've ignored my beloveds
How I've embraced my shame
How I've bled out and splattered
By my wrist slashed in shreds
Into the full length mirror shattered
I deserve worse, I've been a curse
And when I've died
No one will bear false witness
To the crimes I've confessed
I'll bleed, I'll bleed, and bleed
And the stain is permanent

“Energy and motion made visible – memories arrested in space” Jackson Pollock