Friday, May 26, 2023

The Dust Rises

Every step raises a cloud of dust on our world
Those particles of dust leave stains in my eyes
As this world crumbles and burns, full of lies
We've nothing left, even as the earth still turns
Spinning on an axis of sorrow, covered in dirt
With no hope, I've only dreams that I despise
As they make promises, that will never work
It ends, there's only hurt in my shattered mind
What matters in the end, is I don't need to rise
A flea, a gnat, so small compared to the maker
My flesh lives for 80 or fewer years, nothing
Compared to my creator, I am nothing
But I love for the reward of Elysium
I'll be given the reward of sleep, joy, hope
The dust around me as I leave
I will immediately turn into as well
It is nothing, no value, only delirium
And I shall never bow before dust
I will leave a world that first left me
With no desire to still stay
I've seen many museums
They all have value, but are dust
We all die in the end
In that I'm no different
But I have perfect trust
In the one who made me