Sunday, October 28, 2018

This one chance

I know that I will never be released
Because it is only love
That redeems
Life and love are the mystery
What are you willing to try
Before you die
Of a broken heart
Trying to go further so that I might share
I spent a lifetime trying to transcend
The rest of my time trying to escape the prison
Of my flesh, of this bent place
I sniffed the wind and caught her scent
And it made me blind with lust
I lagged behind, and tried to be discreet
I was covered in veils and lace
While wearing an invisible mask
To disguise my face
From first to last
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust
I still didn't belong
I faced defeat
Every time I chase
Everything I am falls apart
And I begin to  mistrust
If I only I knew
What love meant
I might change
But the lessons I learn
Those lessons being taught to make me hurt
And taught to make me burn