Sunday, February 25, 2018

My Sword Is Yours

As your servant
I gave lips to vow
To be yours
I have served you
In time I will die
And will be
A body beneath a shroud
I am ready
My knees are bent
My head is bowed
I have lived, oh Great King
In a fashion that you might be proud
I have bled, been wounded
Have fought and prayed
Did not pretend to be anything
I have been your knight
I have lived honestly
And honorably
I have had my helm and armor
Shattered and broken
My soul is a field for you unplowed
But other than my soul
I have nothing to offer
I am in the last days
Of my body's vigor
Of my soul's promise
I am yours
However
And I will raise your banner
Though my flesh decays
I refuse to be lost
Even if I am done
And know the cost
I have lived
Oh Great King
To make your name great
Among the many
And I long to be forgiven
Because battle is not clean
And I know
I am unworthy of you