Sunday, November 5, 2017

I served my lord, and he redeemed my faith
















I have journeyed my entire life
Following the righteous way
I long to be finished
However, the end will be the grave
My path has become wearisome
My faith has become besieged
I have paid for my path, with my soul
But the demons have been unleashed

This is a quest without end
But not a life without reason
I have fought only with honor
Have never been accused of treason
My king's castle is great
In his keep there are many rooms
There I long to be allowed to sleep
Instead of being entombed

My soul by now is battle worn
But my beliefs have never paled
I seek only to serve my lord
To be of some avail
My chainmail is brown with rust
The rains mix with my salty tears
My eyes have seen the end
And my service has been years

Oh Lord I am your servant
I am weak where you are strong
I have walked without end
Until my flesh has gone
Please be kind
I do not deserve your grace
But I seek your mercy
And your full embrace

John 14:1,2,3

1Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe in Me as well. 2In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am.…