Thursday, July 24, 2014

Lay with me beneath the Lotus tree

My heart awakens
When I see you
It shouts
And I cannot quiet it
I beg you
Shall we lay together
In the summer sun
May I speak
As if we are one
Let me entangle
My flesh
With yours
Tightly wear me
Let me feel what
Love is about
My flesh is weakened
Without your touch
Lift me with your love
While our spirit soars
Press your lips
Across mine
Breathe my air into your mouth
My life energy into your being
I burn inside
From the moment
I see you approach
My eyes never close
Your beauty drives me
My soul was dry
As if in drought
You quench my thirst
Stay with me here
Under the lotus trees
In the shade from the sun lit sky
Your love soothes my heart
Like a gentle breeze
In summer's heat
I love you
Forever more
I can never release
Your hand
Be the flood
Cover my land
With your love
"He lies under the lotus trees, in a covert of reeds and marsh. The lotus trees cover him with their shade; The willows by the brook surround him."