Wednesday, January 19, 2011

TO BE RELEASED

Every new day
Means another passed
All my tears
Dried
Only to pour again
There is nothing
From first to last
Since I came here
I’ve spent in prayer
Knees bent
Til they bled
So many years
Poured into the void
Sweet Jesus
So many years spent
With no hope
Cursed by my birth
Committed to years
In this captivity
With no release
No birds singing
No gardens of beauty
No beautiful aromas
I see ahead
More
Of nothing
No matter
How sweetly promised
There is nothing
No one is waiting
For me
Nothing to dream
Nothing captivating
No beauty
No hope
Nothing beyond this
For me
Take this life
Spent upon me
Give it to another
Let me die
Let me turn to dust
Free me to be in heaven
Free me from my prison of lust
And let me sleep
Somewhere
Where streets are gold
Where there is no pain
Where the children smile
Where love never grows cold