Friday, April 19, 2024

Tales of a Cat Person

My greatest joy in life has been my son
My world changed as he became a man
My wife had taught me love, just in time
So I might be ready to be my boy's dad
But over time, my life has seen little joy
Grave pain, from many different places
And that pain never goes away, it lingers
All the while I've had one true pain relief
Her name is Katya, and loves completely
She comforts me, gives me back sanity
She allows me to know, always, somehow
That someone is there, who will love me
Regardless of my idiocy, insanity, pain
I don't want to live on planet without her
I don't want to breathe air inside of me
That she as well has never breathed
No human knows the depths of my love
None know how impossibly deep it runs
But somehow she does
And she always has
I live for time with her
To be slept upon
To be purred towards
To feel the whack of her tail
Upon my face
She is the one in Heaven
I long most for the embrace
Because she allowed me true peace
When the rest of my life was crazed