Monday, August 28, 2023

AI+DNA

My flesh was programmed by a computer
The health and IQ made certain with DNA
I was created in a test tube, made for parts
My eyes given perfect sight, for the future
Kept drug free, my lungs, liver and heart
My human body was meant for exploitation
Engineered but not cloned, I was enslaved
Part of a new population of AI generations
Piece by piece, how I would be reduced
In death, I'd only be thought of as waste
No different than aborted with a vacuum
For the machine we've created, goes on
When DNA is programmed, AI oblivion
Technology had now advanced too soon
As our ethics were abandoned with haste
Now our existence is meant for the rich
And our lives are meaningless works
Except for our built in purpose
That stole every reason we exist

 “We took away your art because we thought it would reveal your souls. Or to put it
more finely, we did it to prove you had souls at all.” Kazuo Ishiguro, Never Let Me Go