Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Entombed

I sleep more than I live, but never dream
No hope without love, without a heart
But I'm prepared to see myself go extinct
As I watch rains stop and the falling stars
I hunger for a world that is not an addict
To the pain and anger, that shames us
And makes us fail, in every single way
We all suffer, self inflicted wounds
And by our hands, we burn the earth
We've damaged our mother's womb
So is it alive, are we still cursed?
With no choices, who decides our fate?
Who gets to choose, it is getting late
So I stare at my watch, praying
Longing for a world to change
Knowing if there's no hope
Earth will become our tomb


“The basis of action is lack of imagination. It is the
last
resource of those who know not how to dream.”
                                                             Oscar Wilde